We couldn’t have written it better ourselves so we refer to the article by our member, copywriter Siobhan McGonigle Self-employed in Belgium with a baby on the way? Here is what you need to know.
Here is what the very informative article includes:
- types of government allowances paid to all parents in Belgium, including the birth allowance worth over €1000 for your first child and monthly child allowance of around €170
- types of paid leave for self-employed parents
- free service cheques (‘titres services’/’dienstencheques’) worth over €900
- benefits from your health insurance fund
- additional reimbursements and services from your hospitalisation insurance provider
- tax advantages
- free stuff
Find the full article here.
Siobhan has also founded the online platform ‘the village‘ where they help families get the very best out of Belgium, through pregnancy, birth and beyond! We highly recommend you check it out if you are at that stage of your life.