Are you a freelancer in Belgium? Looking for a new accountant? Here are 40+ accountants by region!
A freelancer needs a good accountant, but where do you start your search? We are happy to help you by sharing a list of accountants by region and language, as recommended by the members of the Freelancers in Belgium community.
But first 3 tips to keep in mind and a full list of all costs that you can submit as a professional expense, thanks to Digicount and Accountable!
3 things to keep in mind when choosing an accountant
Before choosing, it is important to compare prices and approaches and to trust the person who will take care of your financials.
1. Follow recommendations from fellow freelancers
The accountants on this list have been recommended by the members of the Freelancers in Belgium community.
2. Set meetings with several accountants
Before choosing, it is important to compare prices and approaches and to trust the person who will take care of your financials. Compare at least 3. Ask for references and actually check them.
3. Questions you really need to ask
What will it cost? Prices can range from 800-5000€/year depending on your company form, VAT status, amount of expenses and invoices, advice, tax submissions, digital tools, copyright application etc. As mentioned by a freelancer in the Freelancers in Belgium community “An accountant that gives proactive advice, will cost you more but will give you a high return on investment.”
If you are tight on budget, see if there is data entry that you can do yourself to lower the price.
Do they use digital tools, and which ones? What will you need to do, and how?
Do they give pro-active financial advice too or is it just admin and bookkeeping?
What is their preferred communication style? How long will you need to wait to get answers to questions? Can you call out of the blue? Is it better to set an appointment, or is email best? Do they charge per question, or is it included in the price?
Do they have experience with your specific situation? Think copyrights, international clients, and product/service mix.
Do they update you on relevant tax changes?
The tips are from the members of Freelancers in Belgium and by Kevin Verbesselt, owner of the accountancy firm Digicount.
A resource he recommends is Accountable’s All You Can Deduct, a web page where you can search business expenses and find out about their deductibility.
With their mobile & web app, you can get all of your accounting under control, from managing receipts, creating personalized invoices & tracking payments to generating tax returns.
Thanks to the connection to the bank account, the independent see at any point in time what they earn net & what they’ll owe to the tax office. With personalized tax tips & proactive customer service, admin & taxes are no longer a lonely task. Free version available. Learn more here https://www.accountable.
You can also look for an accountant that uses Accountable; via this link.
List of accountants for freelancers in Belgium listed by region
Online/Based in multiple locations
- Digicount (ENG/NL), https://digicount.be
- SBB Online, https://www.sbb.be/nl
- KMG Online, https://www.kmgonline.be
- Fiscal Team, https://www.fiscalteam.be
- BOFIDI (ENG/FR/NDL), https://bofidi.eu
- Moore (ENG/FR/NDL) https://www.moore.be/
- A.fiducia (EN/FR/NDL) https://www.afiducia.be/
- Abatis (EN/FR/NDL) http://www.abatis.eu/
- D&D Group Accountants (ENG/NDL), https://dndgroup.eu
- Fidelium (NDL, ENG, FR, ES), https://www.fidelium.eu/nl/home
- VGD (NDL/ENG), https://be.vgd.eu/nl
- I-HEB (FR/NDL/ENG), https://ihebmanagement.be/fr_BE/#contact-us
- Seret & Associés (NDL/FR/ENG) https://seret-associes.be/
- Cludts, Wemmel, https://www.cludts.be/nl/
- David Lievens at Finantra, Waterloo (ENG, NDL, FR), https://finantra.be/nl/accueil-nederlands/
- W.P. Fisc & Partners, Vilvoorde
- Rome & Partners (ENG/FR/NDL), Nivelles, http://www.romepartners.be
- Charles Maldague, Louvain-La-Neuve
- ILEX, Ittre, http://ilex.be
- Patrick Blomme – Fiscloud (NDL/ENG), https://www.fiscloud.net
- Van As, Roeselare and Kortrijk, https://van-as.be/contact
- Decupere & Partners (Diksmuide, Ieper, Nieuwpoort, Geluwe, Roeselare), https://www.denp.be
- Vandelanotte, Kortrijk, https://www.vandelanotte.be/nl/kantoren/kortrijk
- Dfisc, Brugge (extra focus on freelancers!), https://www.dfisc.be
- Decupere & Partners, Gent, https://www.denp.be
- Het Accountantskantoor Soenen & partners, De Pinte and Maldegem, https://www.hetaccountantskantoor.be
- VDWacc, Ninove and Brakel (works with creatives and copywriters), http://vdwacc.be
- Joeri De Rocker, firstname.lastname@example.org,Accountantsburo Lauwers
- Eskofin, Destelbergen, https://www.eskofin.be/nl
- Heidi Hemelsoet, Gent, https://heidihemelsoet.be
- Chris Vadecas, Gent, https://www.vadecas.be
- Dullaert & Partners (focus on artists), Sint-Niklaas, https://www.dullaertenpartners.be
- Fiscopti, Antwerpen (ENG/NL) http://fiscopti.be/
- Boekhoudkantoor BSM, Tisselt and Mortsel, https://bsm-bvba.be
- HVCO, Antwerpen
- Makofisc, Buggenhout (ENG/NDL), https://www.makofisc.be
- Hans Eynikel, Lint, https://hanseynikel.be
- Verschaeren en Mertens, Mechelen, https://www.verschaeren-mertens.be